Drone Laws Georgia, U.S. (Everything You Need To Know in 2023)
Drone Laws Georgia
If you’re a professional drone pilot, you should be aware of the drone laws of the state where you operate your drone. You should be aware of specific drone laws if you’re operating in Georgia. You have to follow these laws.
Drones are now parts of our lives. Most people fly drones as a hobby to take aerial photographs. However, it’s essential to be aware of drone use in Georgia.
Is the drone legal in Georgia?
Yes, drones are legal in Georgia, but there are few specific laws about operating them. You should also be aware of all these local and Federal laws.
For example. You can’t fly drones over crowded areas or near aircraft. The drone should be in the line of sight. These rules are necessary to protect public safety.
General Law in Georgia
Several laws apply before departing drones in Georgia, and drone pilots must be aware of these laws. These laws help to protect public safety.
These essential laws include the following.
- The drone should be within line of sight.
- Not allowed to fly over crowded areas.
- Its weight should be less than 55 lbs.
- Can’t operate drones near airports, military bases and aircraft.
- Dont fly drones in emergency areas.
- You cant spy on or harass people.
- Drone speed shouldn’t exceed 100 mph.
- You can exceed over 400 feet of controlled space.
- The drone must be registered with FAA.
- Marked your drone with the registered number given by FAA
- The Pilot’s age should be at least 16 years old.
- If you want to operate a commercial drone, you will need a pilot license.
- The pilot should not fly under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- You can’t operate a drone over a prison.
- Drones are not allowed in federal and government offices.
- Drones are not allowed near sports events and stadiums.
If you’re a drone pilot, familiarize yourself with these rules before operating your drone in Georgia. Anyone who breaks these rules could also face penalties, prison time and fines.
Federal Aviation Administration FAA
FAA is responsible for the usage of drones and laws in unites states. FAA sets rules and regulations which implements in all states of the US. Rules like who can operate drones and where you can fly them.
Before learning state laws, you will need to familiarise yourself with FAA laws implemented in all states.
Part 107 of the FAA
If you’re a commercial drone pilot, you need a Part 107 certificate before operating your drone. You must pass a written exam, have 10 hours of light experience, and your age should be more than 16.
Now, if you’re looking for a career in commercial drones, then first obtain a certificate from FAA.
You need to meet these requirements
- Be at least 16 years old
- Government approved ID
- Able to speak, read and understand English
- Must pass a background check by the authority
Georgia allows all drones, but you must follow specific rules and regulations. Just like other states, Georgia has few laws regarding drone operations. If you’re a new drone pilot, you must familiarise yourself with these laws. Commercial drone pilots will need an FAA certificate. FAA laws always fall in all states of the US.
Is it legal to fly a drone in Georgia?
Yes, Drones are legal in Georgia, but drone pilots should be familiarized with FAA, State and local laws. If you’re operating a commercial drone, you will need an FAA certificate.
Is it legal to fly a drone over private property in Georgia?
The usage of drones for spying and harassment purposes is entirely illegal. If you try to spy on someone, then other people have the right to call security departments, and you have to face legal regulations.